The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Update 028 - Progress
I would like to do status pages too with loggers for the purpose of catching errors within the logs:
404, etc
Should also add a logger to maintenance.php for reference purposes. Can comment it out if we wish. Or add a setting, maintenance_logging?
I'm great with that.
I take a day off and you guys go overboard on productivity without me (although I don't get much time to help anyway). What would happen if I take a vacation?? Wink

Just a couple notes from earlier commit threads-
-I moved my CSRF check and token creation to the init file. That way I can add as many forms to a page as I want and the token will always be correct on the next page load.
-When a user changes their password, I keep the last x amount of old passwords in a separate table for x months (both defined by admin.php). Since they are hashes, it's as secure as the main password and prevents my employees from using their usually terrible passwords over and over. Since I added in a zxcvbn check, I can at least keep passwords moderately complex so even a bad password isn't overly terrible.

Do you guys have anything you want me to test with the new code, or did you iron out the kinks you were having?
haha. We try.

Yeah. I like the idea of moving the token there. That's great. I'm good with the password change thing too.

The big thing now that I won't have time to get to the next few days is getting the ui finished for the db driven menu system. Maybe you and brandin can catch up on that. I'd say we're 80{3bc1fe685386cc4c3ab89a3f76566d8931e181ad17f08aed9ad73b30bf28114d} of the way there.

There was talk about giving the option of using the new system or the old one.
That'd be easy to allow, I like that option.

I'll grab the new code and see what's up with the menu UI. I won't be able to look at it until later today though so I'll check back here first to see if Brandin was able to get it going so I don't do the same work.
Mainly CSS in the new UI needs to be worked on - I think @mudmiun said he had something for that, I'm not sure though.

Other than that, I think we should add a setting for navigation_type, 0 (old) or 1 (new), we will default this to the new 1 (or old - whatever you guys think is best), pull the setting in the nav to either pull the new nav code, or use existing stuff.

Other than that, everything else I noted in here, or pushed previously in which @mudmin merged.
Ok, I've fixed the menus. And no, I still haven't figured out how to work a git branch yet :'(

Code:
helpers/class.treeManager:line 80
- $config is neither defined nor used so I removed it from the constructor
Code:
return (!treeManager::$instance instanceof self) ? treeManager::$instance = new self() : treeManager::$instance;

Code:
helpers/us_helpers.php:line 539
- checkMenu() was being used without a user ID and was failing, since it was designed to only be used after a user is logged in. Instead of changing the menus themselves, I adjusted the checkMenu() function to allow ID as optional and adjusted for logged out users.
https://pastebin.com/aezrc9a6

I don't see a page to actually manage the menu though, is that still forthcoming?

While looking for the menu page I saw that profiles.php no longer works, so I've fixed it:
https://pastebin.com/x1xLPBQh

On the login page there are undefined language keys, have the been fixed?

Lastly, what is wrong with the menu CSS, aside from the gap above the menu? That should be an easy fix but I'd like to make any other needed changes at the same time.
My only issues was the gap above and below and the US logo can almost not be seen on the default theme.
When we moved the admin settings to tabs, we took out the option to display or not display the CSS samples. The code for it is still present in admin.php and so throws an error when updating any CSS options. It also means
Code:
css_sample
is another settings column we can drop from future releases.

Here's
Code:
admin.php
without the code block:
https://pastebin.com/3vTfE1Tn

For the default theme changes, removed the 50px margin at the top of the page (as well as from the media query) and gave the logo a background color with rounded borders. Let me know if you think it's missing something.
Code:
css/sb-admin.css
:
https://pastebin.com/bXkApfKC