The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version Control
Hello!

Does anyone here do version control with their projects? Release notes? Full-scale dev solutions? Would be interesting to know how you all push your updates.

With me: I am using bitbucket. I use Atom to do my coding (Was using Notepad++) and Sourcetree for my Commits. I test locally, on the live server, then push my updates to prod through a ZIP I make and upload. I have a script called "mydashupdater.php" that runs the queries I need to in it, and have my own version file in usersc/ which if the value in my database for SQL (setting called mydash_sql_ver) is less than the version file, an updater button pops up to bring you to the mydashupdater.php file which updates the SQL and the DB sql_ver.

I'll post a more elaborate piece to this - and reupload my screenshots since I have changed my system a lot since!

Looking forward to hearing everyone elses aspects around this!
I should, but I'm terrible at it. I really need to use git on my server to pull in updates for my live projects. I've just broken more things with git than times it has saved me from losing something.

I use atom and bitbucket also. Github is only for public releases. I love bitbucket.
From what I've explored with it, I'm liking it a lot more than GitHub, especially wise of the private projects aspect. I don't like that git is only public unless you pay (I think). I haven't gotten to the point of using git on the server for deploys, I still manually deploy everything, stepping stones! Lol