The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$master_account
What kind of problems have you all had with the master_account feature? I've had it do some weird things. Sometimes it seems to get the variable from the init file and other times it doesn't. What should we do with this?
I built it into the permissions check and removed the master_account array. I have a check so that someone always has the admin permission so everyone can't be locked out on accident.
I remember something screwing up with it...I think I was trying to check in the array, but it didn't consider it an array because it had only 1 value (user ID 1)? I could be wrong...but I remember it screwed some stuff up when I was doing some work with it...I'll try to replicate the issue. I don't really see the purpose of the "master account". I always block my ID 1 from the system and use this as a placeholder for certain logs (cron logs) and just make a second account my primary. So I have sa, system admin ID 1, and barsenault, myself, ID 2.
Yeah. There was a master account just like that in the original usercake and I don't remember why it disappeared. For some reason one of my pages that clearly has access to the init says variable master_account is not declared if I log in with another account other than the admin account. Then because it's not declared, it throws a second error. It's just this one page and I have no idea what's doing it. I think I've heard similar things from others and I was just wondering if anyone found the root cause. I wound up having to declare
Code:
$master_account = [1];
in us_helpers.php which is the worst place to put something like that. But it's a temporary fix.
I never ran across that problem myself, and I was testing both admin and non-admin accounts. It's so weird that it happens to some and not others.