The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where and how to add javascript i need on every page?
Hello,

I'm trying to port a project without usermanagement into userspice.
In the project are different folders with different pages. I added those folders to the array with monitored folders and so far so good.
Now i try to put some generic javascript files on a location and reference them from every page.
I choose the js folder under the users folder to put the generic.js. When i try to link this file from the footer.php it seems it is not working... Before digging any deeper i would like to know what is the recomanded way to do this kind of stuff. where to put the generic javascripts i see jquery and bootstrap are linked to the net. and how to reference them from different folders?

Thx

Jeroen
I would use the built in userspice tools for your requiring. That will deal with all the folder issues.

So when you're including your javascript I would do something like...

if your setup is mydomain.com/users/js
and you have your javascript in
mydomain.com/customstuff/js
<script src="<?=$us_url_root?>customstuff/js/myjs.js"></script>

Doing it with that variable will automatically grab the right path regardless of where it's being called from.
depends on the java script you are wanting to have java script for basic things such as mouse trails and the like go in the appproiate places in the pages you want them on head code in the <head> </head> body in the body etc.

spry assets menus just put in the code where you want them to appear base code would be the way mudmin said
Try updating to version 4.2.1g in https://userspice.com/updates/
and see if that fixes your jQuery errors
Oke Thx,

That worked well!