The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folder "usersc"
Dear US Community.

My installation of US now works very fine. All basic functions I need are running correctly.

Now I want to modify many files which are located in the folder "users".

In the documentation you say I only have to copy the file to modify in the folder "usersc", an then it will load automaticly.

In my case I got only fatal errors, e.g. "init.php is missing" or when I copy the "init.php" in the "userc"-folder phe parser called "error in init.php"

For example:

I copied the file "edit_profile.php" in the folder "usersc", i get following message:

[Image: no_init_php.jpg]

and after copying the file "init.php" in the same folder this message is coming:

[Image: with_init_php.jpg]

Where must I fix the files, that the site is running correctly ?

Greets

Kighlander
So a lot of the magic of UserSpice happens from the init.php file and therefore userspice can't magically locate that file on its own, so you need to have a direct link to it. So when you copy edit_profile.php to usersc instead of users you have to change that line at the top that says something like
require_once('init.php');
to
require_once('../users/init.php');

In other words, you have to tell it to back up one directory to the root, then go forward into the users folder and get init.php
Oh and leave init.php in the users folder. Everything expects it there.
What about custom.css? File is located both in users and usersc folder, but changes only apply for custom.css under users folder? (4.2.1e)
So there is the one in users for compatibility reason, but if you want to use the one in usersc you include it in usersc/includes/navigation.php and it will be loaded last and therefore override all previous css. Sorry. I know that's not clear at all.
Ahh ok, I see it. It was missleading, because custom.css from users folder is loaded with every page. Didn't know it was for compatibility reasons.
Thank you!