The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Copy Paper Documentation
I just joined. I'd like to see some Documentation ON PAPER. Not some crap on a VIDEO. I've searched but can't find anything useful. I'd like to know where to upload the code. And how to install it from there. Does it use some "Wordpress-like" 5 minute install? Which doesn't need any documentation. Not that I need that. But I don't see enough instructions on how to get it installed to the point I can start using it. And get a user registered, logged in, logged out. For starters. After that I can start tinkering with whatever I need to change.

So is there any hard copy install instructions? I don't find any in the 4.2 Beta I downloaded. And the Video install instructions are incomprehensible. At least for me.
Sorry. It's a free project I do in my spare time. For free.

If you download the software and unzip it to a server, all you have to do is browse to that folder in a web browser and you will get complete instructions on what to do. Step by step. It takes all of 30 seconds to install.
http://puu.sh/tYwHB/360aa415b1.png

I think you'll find the community here to be really helpful. I also think that when someone takes time to develop something and instead of selling it gives it away for free (to the tune of 700,000+ downloads), it doesn't hurt to be nice. Smile
I can assure you Stub if you ask any questions to this team, and members of the community, they are more than happy to help. But your approach to your request was not warranted. A better approach would have been something like "Do you have any plans to write an instruction documentation or something of the such? Did you need help with it? This is one of the best pieces of open source software I have come across in a long time. You can adapt this to ANYTHING you wanna do. A HRM, E-Commerce system, SIS, tracking system, ANYTHING! I know for a fact it didn't take a couple seconds for Mudmin and his team to work on this, so please, consider how much time they have put into this.

And remember, you don't see a donate button at the bottom of every page, do you?
I did realize that if you hovered over documentation and clicked the installation link there was a really old video from version 3 on there. I just made one for version 4.2 and replaced it.

My bad on that.
I did realize that if you hovered over documentation and clicked the installation link there was a really old video from version 3 on there. I just made one for version 4.2 and replaced it.

My bad on that.
just come back after a long break and cant beleive the gratitude shown here, maybe actualy spending some time on userspice.com and the forums you would actualy find alot on everything you need to do and alot more here on the forums, as said above this is open source and free and by god is it powerfull, i challenge you to find something like this elsewhere. congrats on the great guys ??
Thanks for the support. Welcome back too!