The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A note about UserSpice 4
I probably should have said this earlier, but UserSpice 4 is not going to LOOK much different than UserSpice 3 at launch. It will be more or less feature equivalent...in fact, there might be a few things missing at launch.

The big thing to know is that it's what's under the hood that counts. Everything is faster, more secure, and better written to be a platform that can take UserSpice (and your project) long into the future, but as far as it looks...you might not notice a difference.

Sure, the alternative login methods, 2 factor, cool dashboards will come...and hopefully quickly, but in the beginning it will have these big advantages over its predecessor:

1. It will more completely fulfill the "get out of the way" file structure and database interactions that I've always dreamed of with UserSpice. Your root folder will be a clean place to get to work.

2. The documentation will be better. To be fully honest, when I started UserSpice 4, I didn't even truly understand how some of the functions and permissions were working under the hood. I had to completely reverse engineer the codebase of UserCake/UserSpice in order to figure out what the heck was going on. I had to attack problems from completely different angles than they did to take advantage of new security standards, object oriented standards, and PDO. This was no small task. The benefit is that I now understand the code, which means I can help YOU understand the code and get the most out of it. The documentation section in the menu gives you a little taste of that.

With all this said, if you are itching to get started, don't hesitate to get started with a project using UserSpice 3...especially 3.1.x. I'd encourage you to use the classes that are provided as they are the best way to make sure things don't break.

There will be a tool to migrate your database from 2.x and 3.x to 4.x and I'm committed to helping you learn how to convert your project, so code away on version 3 and we'll figure out the best way to get you to version 4. S

Some sort of release will happen on or before February 7, 2016. Whether that is Alpha or Beta remains to be seen.