The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UserSpice 3.1.0 Released!
My original plan was to call this version 3.0.5, but I've told a lot of folks around the net that they could get all of the new classes that are going in version 4 in any release of UserSpice 3.1 or later (which used to be the beta). It turned out that it was easier to build this version of UserSpice on top of the 3.1 beta than to roll back to 3.0.4 and build from there, hence the version jump.

Version 3.1 was truly another community effort. Much thanks to users DaVaR, Astropos, and Em as well as the rest of you who have posted feedback in the forums and via email. With that out of the way, here's what's new...

1. Added all the classes that are being used in version 4.0 and are being documented on UserSpice.com. They are not being used in version 3.x, but they are there so users can get to know them. They're completely optional...but they're awesome. These features are documented in the documentation menu. The DB class has my new feature for those like astropos who like to keep things procedural. After doing your query, you have the option of getting your results with something along the lines of $results=query->results(true); as opposed to the normal $results=query->results(); That word true returns your query as an associative array or an array of arrays as opposed to returning an object. Party like it's 2005!

2. Deleted some unneccesary files

3. Added .htaccess to some folders. Will add more after testing.

4. Used Google's own test keys as defaults for ReCAPTCHA - Thanks to user astropos for pointing this out

5. Added ini_set("allow_url_fopen", 1); to the top of login and register files to deal with server incompatibilities for some users. Thank you so much Em for giving me a day on your server to properly track this down.

NOTE: If your login/register forms are not working after this update, I NEED to hear back from you. My guess is that commenting out that line will fix it, but I need to make sure adding that line didn't break anything. So far it hasn't but you never know.

6. Thanks to feedback and coding from user astropos, I broke the footer into two files to allow users to use per-page javascript.

7. All code was reindented.

I've come to realize those long php echo forms that were part of UserCake actually cause a performance hit on the server. Recoding those is next on the agenda for version 3.1. It's already done in version 4, but I think that's one thing I should port back to version 3.

As always, feedback is appreciated.
I pushed out 3.1.0b to fix two bugs.

Astropos pointed out that I had copied/pasted the ending html tags from one footer to the other instead of cutting/pasting. My bad. I also saw that I left the install folder as install-renamed which is where I keep it during development. My bad again. Thanks for understanding. These are simple changes that you can download or just make quickly on your own.
Dang it. There was an extra opening <?php tag int the DB.php class. I have no idea where that came from, but I fixed it and pushed out version 3.1.0c to the homepage.