The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US within CakePHP
When I first found US it was because I was looking for a plug-in for CakePHP which would automatically implement the users/groups side of things so I could get on with developing my CakePHP project rather than re-developing that basic functionality each time.

Obviously I found US so there is some connection with Cake ... but I don't see a lot of discussion of that. Is US for Cake just historical and based on old versions which are largely fade-to-gray at this point? Or does US integrate into CakePHP in its current implementation?
UserSpice 2 and 3 (all the way up to 3.3) were based on the UserCake system, which probably have its roots in cakephp.

For 4.0, every bit of the code was basically scrapped and rewritten in OOP. I kept a lot of the terminology and function names because a lot of our early users were transitioning from UserCake. In fact, there is still a slightly painful upgrade path from Usercake 2.0 all the way to userspice 4.2A.
So basically there's no "natural" integration but if I can make UserSpice function side-by-side with CakePHP that's the best solution? I've never done a CakePHP implementation that included some Cake code and some non-Cake code... Hopefully their routing system is flexible enough to allow that...

If I can get it to work I'll try to write up how I did it and contribute over here...
Right. I would guess that the flexibility would come on our side because our system doesn't really care what classes you use for your own coding. I walked someone through how to use meekroDB instead of our db class for their own coding while leaving the userspice one in for US functions.

Yeah...any contribution would be great.