The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Function Level Access Control
Hi Brian,

If I could just elaborate on what Angel 'might' be getting at.. or might not…... In my case, I will be integrating a number of different 'packages' - with userspice at the centre of it all. These include, but are not limited to, QA Reporting System, Ticketing System, Accounting

They all first involve linking the user to a company, so you might have 3 or 10 users linked to one company, e.g.

General Manager: Full access all functions of all three modules. Can see all Tickets raised for the entire company.
Q.A. Manager: Access to Q.A. System only. Can see all Tickets raised for the company.
Production Manager: Access to Ticketing System and Q.A. System. Can see all Tickets raised for the company.
Maintenance Manager: Access to Ticketing System Only. Can only see tickets created by him/herself.
Accounts Manager: Access to Accounting System and Ticketing System
Accounts Clerk: Access to Accounting System and Read-Only Access to all tickets for the company

This is not a great example, but it might give you an idea. Yes it could be done with the existing structure, however there would be MANY user levels and it would get VERY confusing assigning the correct user level - especially the more modules you bring online. One module could be UserSpice itself, whereby you could give a certain user in a company access to modify permissions of users attached to their company!

However, if the user table, had an array of sub-levels, Module 1, Module 2, etc. With each of these 'sub levels', there could be a coding of 0 = No Access, 1 = Read Only, 2 = Edit Capabilities. I guess this would mean, the main user level would simply be referred to as "authorised user", if 0, they can't go anywhere, or down the track it could be 0 = no access, 1 = user with individual access, 2 = user with company access.

Ticketing System (Module 1)
If User Access = 1, and Module 1 status of, 0 = No Access, 1 = Can View, 2 = Can Edit and will only show tickets related to the user.
If User Access = 2, and Module 1 status of, 0 = No Access, 1 = Can View, 2 = Can Edit and will show tickets related to the entire company.

Hope I haven't confused the issue here.

Messages In This Thread
Function Level Access Control - by Angel - 09-26-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Function Level Access Control - by karmarpgs - 11-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Function Level Access Control - by brian - 09-26-2016, 02:44 PM
Function Level Access Control - by Angel - 09-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Function Level Access Control - by Angel - 09-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Function Level Access Control - by brian - 09-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Function Level Access Control - by Steve_Dickson - 11-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Function Level Access Control - by meetmec12 - 01-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Function Level Access Control - by mudmin - 01-03-2017, 10:44 PM