The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't log in or register in 3.0
I'm going to email you a test file to see if that works.
So I got my webserver and uploaded it. Database is set up and website running but now I got the same problem as @evilme73. When I try to register or login the page refreshed without error. No entry in the database either.

I also emailed you back on the instructions you send me.
PHP must be 5.5 or better.

In uc_configuration there is a key named website_url - is it correct for your remote domain? Has a trailing slash?
This is used when refreshing and redirecting, could be related.

I've tested numerous versions on my setup (PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11, Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu), mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.44) without any problems.

What server and version are you using? Can you see any errors in the logs?

Maybe enable some error reporting at the very top of top-nav.

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

I can pretty definitively say that this is an issue with the fopen settings on people's servers. I am going to roll out a version 3.1.1 to give two mitigations and some diagnostics on this issue.

I've already emailed CuChulla1nn, but here are the checks to perform for anyone else who experiences this

Add or uncomment out these top two lines on register.php (they're included in version 3.1.1 and beyond)
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
Code:
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

Try to register again, and the error will pop up in the header of the site. It will most likely say something about fopen (which is required by reCAPTCHA). Different servers handle this differently, which is where the problem comes in. Some servers can be fixed by adding the following line to the top of login.php and register.php (which was added in 3.1, I believe), but older versions don't have it:

right above the require_once
Code:
ini_set("allow_url_fopen", 1);

BUT, some servers don't seem to be respecting that, so the next step is to add a php.ini file wherever you installed UserSpice (this will be included in 3.1.1 and later). The PHP ini should just say:

Code:
allow_url_fopen = on

If that doesn't work, you're going to have to talk to your hosting provider or dig through your php.ini file for the server to enable url_fopen.

I hope that helps, and thanks to all of you who didn't just dump the software but decided to press on and help the entire community find a fix for this problem.
Good news; There are for and against argument on the subject of enabling url_fopen.

For our scenario, I think the provision of the captcha outweighs the perceived security risk.
I think that's why the ideal solution is to enable it only for the login/register pages but for some people that doesn't seem to be an option.
Thanks for your help mudmin, my site is now up and working... glad I could help tracking down an issue other people are experiencing too.
You wouldn't think recaptcha would be such a big deal since everyone uses it, but not every server plays nicely with it. Glad it's working for you!
It took some time but it works now. Problem was that in the end url_open was disabled on default by the provider. Now I can sign up and login.
What method did you use to enable it. Some people were able to do it by adding something to the top of the login/register file. Some people could do it by adding a php.ini.