The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I WOULD LIKE TO STRONG OPINION ON THIS PROJECT
# I INTRODUCE MYSELF:
Good night (from Mexico 3:45 AM), I am excited to find this page, I have four days looking for a simple and safe system users.

I have a couple of things to say, I read almost all the questions and answers forum for hours, apparently I can speak directly and "mudmin" Do not feel bad for hawkish comments haha.

# SOMETHING YOU LEARNED OF MY FATHER:
When you create a product you have to think who will be your customers, what kind of users will be directed and what their needs are, then:

1. Users who reach this page, is very likely to be inexperienced users who are looking to save time or simply are creating something like this and want to know if it exists. Among many others…

2. An average user who is looking for a system in php and especially to manage users, is almost certain to be a person who is fluent in HTML and CSS.

3. If you reached this page because you do not have the capacity or time to write your own system, the first thing we do novice users is to download the code, see if we can understand and if so, we started playing ... what otherwise, delete it and download another.

# AS GET ME TO THIS PAGE:
Exactly seven days ago I was talking with my father the future of our family business and its organization, we have 5 branches which on average are 1 hour away from the main (where we live), is very uncomfortable every day after finishing our day, we need to talk to each branch to know how much was sold and how much was spent, then it occurred to me to do an online system in which each branch to make your cut and upload the information to the system and I can read it from my phone while traveling to our home. Something very simple ... Sunday start to develop code and design, spend three days with virtually no sleep and I have almost 80{3bc1fe685386cc4c3ab89a3f76566d8931e181ad17f08aed9ad73b30bf28114d} of the code ready, but before finishing wanted to know if he was sure, so ask "StackOverflow" and I received about 10 very hard answers on safety, correct all those mistakes would take one more week, so I gave myself the task of finding something done, in the end all he wanted is a secure access system (not even needed the registration and I would give users and password to each store manager), after secure, just needed input 2 input, a text box and a button to send the information (sales, expenses and comments).

I found many frameworks, but all other codes, to download them I realized that depended on other frameworks or requesting installed using "composer" or things that I really long for what I needed.

It is clear ... that this project was the first step of something very big that I have in mind, for personal use, but great for us (my father and me), the final idea was to change our system sales and inventory for something online ...

# WHAT WE PROPOSE:
1. Sort folders:
root
-core
--classes
--helpers
--includes
--views
--files php (users)
-custom
--Empty, here we put our own records we get from core to modify.
--For example our account.php
-styles
--css
--fonts
--images
--js

Thus when copying a file from the "core" to "custom" folder not break the URL of the styles (in header) or classes, it is very important to clean unnecessary files of styles (no need blank.css) because not simply put the files that come by default with "bootstrap" I think it's enough to style anything.

2. I can not use the password: <h> <e> <l> <l> <o>

3. Being able to choose the home page in the configuration.

4. Remove the registry the "company" field or not be necessary (require).

5. Clean the tables in the database, reserve rows in a real project do not need no such row names are used.

6. Okay tracking users but it better not put a field in the configuration for the Google Analytics code?

7. In the navigation links, remove that "hover" color "black".

8. Allow change profile picture.

9. Because I can ban the administrator? Entering as admin.

10. There are two links to "home" and two links to "user".

11. It is more understandable the menu as when you do not sign, all in a straight line without expanding buttons, when you are admin a link next to "home" to say, administration panel opens.

12. The link to "recover password" on the menu is more, when we are in "login.php" is displayed below the form and think it's more understandable. (I do not remember seeing any page with a link on the main menu for this option) is a little strange to find there.

13. It would be nice to create a section within the forum in which to put the points on which you are working (you can go marking green that is ready) to know when will the next version or have an idea, now I want to start my project using this code, but I prefer to wait for the next patch as I found many things wrong (already commented other users, that comment is just a personal opinion, as an end user).

14. Do not take much importance to put as many files of styles, fonts, icons, favicons, etc. We seek how difficult (php), how easy it is our job (styles, buttons, fonts, which look nice haha).

15. Remember ... If you put 2 links to possibly do the same to me or any other inexperienced user to take us one hour remove the duplicate link, after removing security will think if we remove or something bad stay ... because not do everything as simple as possible? It is better than us we add things, instead of erasing ...

I would like to translate all the code and documentation in Spanish. I can help with this without any problems.

Thank you very much for your time, thank you very much for this code, this project has me with an eye on, awake and entered to see if this list the new version, I will be very present in this forum, I hope not to bother or annoy someone else I'm very direct and I like to say what I think, I'm sure this will be something very BIG WITHIN THE COMMUNITY.
Thanks so much for your compliments. You're exactly who we wrote userspice for! I want it to stay out of the way so you can build your project. Let me try to answer all of your thoughts...

Thus when copying a file from the “core” to “custom” folder not break the URL of the styles (in header) or classes, it is very important to clean unnecessary files of styles (no need blank.css) because not simply put the files that come by default with “bootstrap” I think it’s enough to style anything.
UserSpice doesn't require you to use these files or even bootstrap on the front end if you don't want to. You're welcome to delete it.

2. I can not use the password: <h> <e> <l> <l> <o>
My guess is that the system things you are trying to inject malicious code into the database and is sanitizing it. That's why the password is getting rejected. It's a security feature.

3. Being able to choose the home page in the configuration.
Your homepage is automatically detected by where you install UserSpice. You can also change the official homepage by editing the navigation.

4. Remove the registry the “company” field or not be necessary (require).
Company field is not required by default. We just don't have stars telling what's required. I'll fix that!

5. Clean the tables in the database, reserve rows in a real project do not need no such row names are used.
Some row names and fields are there to provide compatibility with older versions. The code base dates back to 2010 and I don't want to leave old users in the dust. In most cases, you are free to delete them if they bother you. Patches add rows. They don't delete them, so in most cases if something is not used, you can delete it.

6. Okay tracking users but it better not put a field in the configuration for the Google Analytics code?
Google Analytics integration is being worked on for 5.0 but may get back ported to future version 4.2.

7. In the navigation links, remove that “hover” color “black”.
All of this can be changed by changing your css style. 5.0 will use a slightly different css style. We've stripped out all the sb-admin stuff that causes some of the wide buttons and the other weird styling.

8. Allow change profile picture.
Right now you can change it at gravatar.com. We need to make that clearer.

9. Because I can ban the administrator? Entering as admin.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you talking about being able to ban yourself or another admin?

10. There are two links to “home” and two links to “user”.
One is for the responsive mobile menu, the other is for the desktop menu.

11. It is more understandable the menu as when you do not sign, all in a straight line without expanding buttons, when you are admin a link next to “home” to say, administration panel opens.

12. The link to “recover password” on the menu is more, when we are in “login.php” is displayed below the form and think it’s more understandable. (I do not remember seeing any page with a link on the main menu for this option) is a little strange to find there.

13. It would be nice to create a section within the forum in which to put the points on which you are working (you can go marking green that is ready) to know when will the next version or have an idea, now I want to start my project using this code, but I prefer to wait for the next patch as I found many things wrong (already commented other users, that comment is just a personal opinion, as an end user).
I just renamed this forum to UserSpice 5.0 so I can put sticky posts based on where we are at in development. Thanks for the suggestion!

14. Do not take much importance to put as many files of styles, fonts, icons, favicons, etc. We seek how difficult (php), how easy it is our job (styles, buttons, fonts, which look nice haha).
The goal has been for userspice to stay more and more away from how you do your styling. We're working on that. In US5, whatever bootstrap theme you install will style both the front and back end at the same time.

15. Remember … If you put 2 links to possibly do the same to me or any other inexperienced user to take us one hour remove the duplicate link, after removing security will think if we remove or something bad stay … because not do everything as simple as possible? It is better than us we add things, instead of erasing …
I'm not sure what you're saying.

I would like to translate all the code and documentation in Spanish. I can help with this without any problems.
That would be great! Don't put too much time into it just yet. UserSpice 5 will be multi-language from the ground up. Especially on the front end. We haven't decided if we're translating the entire backend yet.

Thank you very much for your time, thank you very much for this code, this project has me with an eye on, awake and entered to see if this list the new version, I will be very present in this forum, I hope not to bother or annoy someone else I’m very direct and I like to say what I think, I’m sure this will be something very BIG WITHIN THE COMMUNITY.
Thank you very much for your prompt response...

I remain pending point 1. Right now perform another test, I'm copying the "admin.php" file from "users" -> "usersc" and the code is broken by the line "21" as the "ini.php file ".

In Section 9, I mean that I can forbid myself. That is, if I am logged in as an administrator account, I can forbid access, this gives an error because I can not go in and remove that prohibition because I'm not an administrator.

I take this opportunity to ask ... When we have version 5.0?

Thank you!
Right. If you copy a file from users to usersc you have to point to the proper path of the init.php.

And you are correct, you can forbid yourself and lock yourself out. Since you're the installer, you have access to the database and you can just go into the users table and set your permissions from 0 to 1.

Version 5....no clue yet. It's going to be a while (months) until that code base is as stable and complete as 4.1. We will offer an alpha when we have something.
That's right, many things to do (hours without sleep) but this is a big deal, worth. I will be testing the new update and the'll be commenting anything, I want to get involved in this project as much as possible.

Thank you!
Awesome. I appreciate your help and your input.
Thank you for this great work!

<pre>
Code:
$errors = $successes = [];
$form_valid=TRUE;
$permOpsQ = $db->query("SELECT * FROM permissions");
$permOps = $permOpsQ->results();
// dnd($permOps);
</pre>

<pre>
Code:
<?php