The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Register only
Actually, the new include line should be ../usersc/init.php instead of the URL include...
Shouldn't it be ../users/init.php ?

I knew something didn't feel right about my answer.
So the new update will include the admin ability to create users?? And if I want admins to be able to change passwords I just follow your instructions on 'Page 2'?
Yes. The ability to create new users will be there. And yeah, to add the ability to change passwords copy that file to your usersc folder and update the path of the init and you'll be good to go. I tested the functionality of both and they work great.
Hello,

I am new to Userspice and am also looking for a feature to turn off public registrations. I am working on a site where public registrations will not be allowed and the admin will create user accounts. Is there an easy way to turn off public registrations?

Thanks,
Evan
Sure. You can just take away the link in navigation.php to join.php and that will get rid of the link. Then the next thing I would do is go into the usersc folder and create a file called join.php

Paste this code in it and you should be good to go.

http://pastebin.com/jaraR3Br

Awesome! That's what I was looking for. I went ahead and removed the sign up and register links from my login pages too and seems to be working great. Thanks for the great software and your help!
I'm glad that worked.

2 things to note:

1. Since we made that change in the usersc folder, it won't get overwritten by an update...although if you update to 5.0, you might have to change the navigation part again because we're doing that a little differently there.

2. If you decide to use the google/facebook login features from 4.2, we'll have to make a few changes in logic there because the login and join features for social are technically the same....so you would have to do some thing to kill off signups for people who aren't in the database already. I could show you that if you decide to go that direction.