The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domain used for emails
Hi All

Probably a basic question, but its got me stumped. I did my dev work on localhost, then transferred onto a site. Its now up and running, but when a user registers and is asked to verify their email the link is like below:

https://localhost/43users/verify.php?email=email@gmail.com&vericode=DPOebCPZSkbRS76

Can anyone tell me how I change this to my sites domain name? I looked at all the settings but couldnt see anything. I tried editing the init.php file but that breaks the site, as I expected it would.

Thanks

Andy
(04-29-2019, 11:56 AM)andy Wrote: Hi All

Probably a basic question, but its got me stumped. I did my dev work on localhost, then transferred onto a site. Its now up and running, but when a user registers and is asked to verify their email the link is like below:

https://localhost/43users/verify.php?email=email@gmail.com&vericode=DPOebCPZSkbRS76

Can anyone tell me how I change this to my sites domain name? I looked at all the settings but couldnt see anything. I tried editing the init.php file but that breaks the site, as I expected it would.

Thanks

Andy

Sure, on the dashboard under settings->email settings you need to put the url to your site on the input in the bottom right corner.
(04-29-2019, 12:20 PM)mudmin Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 11:56 AM)andy Wrote: Hi All

Thanks

Andy

Sure, on the dashboard under settings->email settings you need to put the url to your site on the input in the bottom right corner.

Hi Midmin, thanks for that!

Now getting emails, but got another problem. The link doesn't seem to work.

I get a 500 error and on checking the error log I get:

[29-Apr-2019 16:52:41 Europe/London] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE) in /home/marlinsc/public_html/imec/papers/users/verify.php on line 70

I was on version 4.4.01 - so I just upgraded to 4.4.11, but still getting same error. Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Andy
OK, getting there. I realised I shouldnt / cant go straight from .01 to .11. Updated the with Cumulative Update first, then 11. Now up and running but with {{}} round my menu items., which I think were always there but didnt render previously? Will try and figure it out or just remove them.