The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{ Missing Text } after update
Interesting. I will try to replicate that. Can you give me a couple of examplesso how I can duplicate that. Every time I talk to somebody with the problem I never get a good idea of what I need to do to make it happen.
I just read through the rest of the thread and I will take a look for you I'm out of town at the moment so it's a little hard to look at the code but I will do my best to get back to you guys
Nothing complicated: "Password/Pin Settings" -> "Send Password Reset" checkbox ->"Update"

I get a messages on the page
Success box: "Password updated. Password reset sent."
Danger Box: "Confirm New Password { Missing Text }"

And then receive an email with the body
"{ Missing Text }
{ Missing Text }: Username
{ Missing Text }: { Missing Text }
{ Missing Text }
{ Missing Text } 15 { Missing Text }."

Thanks for your help. In the mean time I just hardcoded the confirmation email to English.
(06-15-2019, 04:16 PM)Amanda Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 03:45 PM)thanna Wrote: I'm having a similar problem where lang() is not parsing the text in _email_adminPwReset.php

The weird thing is that it seems to work fine everywhere but on, and related to, the single user view of the admin dash board.

I am having the same problem also - with the adminPwReset email and I have noticed it on notifications in the admin area also.

The reset link also doesn't seem to work if sent via admin panel but works just fine if user requests, the way the URL is structured seems the same though apart from the unique code...  Huh

So let me understand. Are you having the issue only on those 2 pages, or across the board?
While I discovered an issue with the admin password reset (links never working) I was unable to reproduce the above. Have you run users/update.php? You may need to download the latest language files, but those particular items should've been in there for some time now, basically since the language update.

Brandin.
I just did a fresh install on a whole separate site. Brand new db and installing from the 4.4 package linked on the userspice homepage and I'm still having language issues.

I can't seem to find where the lang() function is defined, but wherever it is it seems like it isn't reading the en-US dictionary.

[Image: CEEp2bV.png]
I'm almost curious to think you have some sort of permission issue on your system, including a misconfiguration around including or requiring files.
Can you tell me where lang() is defined so I can investigate further?
users/helpers/us_helpers.php
Ok weird... everything appeared normal at first glance, then I got desperate and dumped out the $lang variable

["ACCOUNT_USER_ADDED"]=> string(15) "New user added!" ["ACCOUNT_SPECIFY_USERNAME"]=> string(26) "Please enter your username" ["ACCOUNT_SPECIFY_PASSWORD"]=> string(26) "Please enter your password" ["ACCOUNT_SPECIFY_EMAIL"]=> string(31) "Please enter your email address" ["ACCOUNT_INVALID_EMAIL"]=> string(21) "Invalid email address" ["ACCOUNT_USER_OR_EMAIL_INVALID"]=> string(36) "Username or email address is invalid"

I think this is the old dictionary? That would explain why it can't translate any of the keys. Doesn't explain where it's coming from or why it's getting loaded instead of the newer one.