The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using userspice to login to multiple platforms
Hello. I'm sorry, my English is not very good. I'm planning to build a site for my friends and community based on OSClass (classified listing software), Elgg (social media platform) and Moodle (teaching platform).

I'm interested in making a homepage in which you can login (userspice) only once, so you don't have to login on every other service. Please what is the documentation where I can learn how to manage that? I mean, how to modify the mentioned software.
Best regards.
Your english is great.

So obviously it matters what the other platforms require to login, but there is a script in usersc/scripts/custom_login_script.php that does things automatically when your person logs in (I just made a better script file that I can point you to after we do the next update, but this will work).
So whatever you do in that script will happen when the user logs in, so that is your starting point.

The question I have for you is are all these other applications on the same server?
(01-16-2019, 12:42 PM)mudmin Wrote: Your english is great.  

So obviously it matters what the other platforms require to login, but there is a script in usersc/scripts/custom_login_script.php that does things automatically when your person logs in (I just made a better script file that I can point you to after we do the next update, but this will work).  
So whatever you do in that script will happen when the user logs in, so that is your starting point.

The question I have for you is are all these other applications on the same server?

Thanks for your immediate reply. Yes, these applications are installed on the same server, of course each on a different folder. It's a testing installation so I can play with it as much as necessary. My site is hosted on A2Hosting and I manage it by CPanel, installing the software with the help of Softaculous.
Ok. So that helps. Now the tricky part is being logged into them all at once.

Basically the idea of being logged in usually has to do with a $_SESSION variable. You'll notice that if you go in the php of any userspice page and you var_dump($_SESSION); you will see a few variables. The main one that matters us $_SESSION['user'] = your user id.

You'll have to login to those other applications and var_dump $_SESSIOn to see what variables they set and see if you can get them to be set when singing into userspice.

That may not be the only way, but it's the first thing I would try.
(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)mudmin Wrote: Ok.  So that helps.  Now the tricky part is being logged into them all at once.  

Basically the idea of being logged in usually has to do with a $_SESSION variable.  You'll notice that if you go in the php of any userspice page and you var_dump($_SESSION); you will see a few variables. The main one that matters us $_SESSION['user'] = your user id.

You'll have to login to those other applications and var_dump $_SESSIOn to see what variables they set and see if you can get them to be set when singing into userspice.

Ok. I'll study that and be back. Thanks a lot.
(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)mudmin Wrote: Ok.  So that helps.  Now the tricky part is being logged into them all at once.  

Basically the idea of being logged in usually has to do with a $_SESSION variable.  You'll notice that if you go in the php of any userspice page and you var_dump($_SESSION); you will see a few variables. The main one that matters us $_SESSION['user'] = your user id.

1) Let me see if I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong.
the script you are talking about will automatically log me in on the other programs. What I need is to discover what happens when I login on them and write that secuence on the script.

2) I searched for "$_session" on some php files, with visual studio code, and I could't find that string.

3) I logged in my program OSClass, where can I 'var_dump' to find the variables?

As you can see I'm not good at programming, but I'm VERY persistent.