The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subscription Integration
Thumbs Up 
Hopefully the right place (And I have not missed a duplicate thread).

I have just started using UserSpice and love the simplicity of it!! What I would love to see in a future version is the ability for a user to purchase credits via Stripe or PayPal that can be used to upgrade their membership on the site.

I was digging through the forums and did notice there was a user who created SubSpice which tried to achieve this. I need to play around with that package more, however it would be great to see it as part of the Userspice Core.

Keep up the good work guys. Really loving UserSpice for the little time I have been using it so far Smile

Nathan
Hi there,

In UserSpice 4.4 we are adding a Plugin Module that would make this a possibility! Keep your eyes out!

Brandin.
(09-27-2018, 09:41 PM)Brandin Wrote: Hi there,

In UserSpice 4.4 we are adding a Plugin Module that would make this a possibility! Keep your eyes out!

Brandin.

Would you have a rough time frame for that?

New user to UserSpice by the way, was half way between CakePhp and UserFrosting.

Chris
Hi Chris,

4.4 has since been released with a plugin module. Stripe is available as a plugin and can be enabled and configured as required.

Thank you,
Brandin.
(01-31-2019, 03:33 PM)Brandin Wrote: Hi Chris,

4.4 has since been released with a plugin module. Stripe is available as a plugin and can be enabled and configured as required.

Thank you,
Brandin.

Hi Brandin,

This is great news. Possibly a silly question, but where is the plugin to be enabled? I have just done a fresh install of US4.4, and within the Admin Panel under plug-ins nothing id there. I tried looking within the folder structure without success, and also tried to look around the forums incase there was a plug-ins section. Am I being daft and missing something?

Kind Regards
Nathan
Hi, sorry. I'm still working on the developer portal to distribute plugins and themes. Here is the zip of a bunch of the ones that are (mostly) ready for prime time. Unzip into usersc/plugins and then they will show up in your plugin manager.
https://github.com/mudmin/usplugins/raw/...lugins.zip
(01-31-2019, 05:17 PM)mudmin Wrote: Hi, sorry. I'm still working on the developer portal to distribute plugins and themes.  Here is the zip of a bunch of the ones that are (mostly) ready for prime time. Unzip into usersc/plugins and then they will show up in your plugin manager.
https://github.com/mudmin/usplugins/raw/...lugins.zip

You sir are a Superhero, I think one of the new themes that came with 4.4 reflects your role Smile . I will give that a go and see whether I can tie the Stripe plugin to a Premium account model.
Haha. Thanks.
I really do want to write another plugin to do subscriptions. An idea just came to me of how to do it too. Interesting.
So with stripe there is a basically a setup panel to do your keys etc, and then somewhere on there is an example form you can use to test it. I usually do live transactions with live keys since you can refund on stripe for free.

If that works, then feel free to take the example form code and modify it for your needs. Make small changes at a time and test because stripe always seems "fragile." one little change to the code and it won't process.

Hope it helps.
Subscription plugin would be amazing. Definitely tops the list of features I personally would like to see in US as it is such versatile functionality. So many sites hide premium features behind some form of paywall for premium subscribers. Happy to throw ideas into the pool, but am sure your's are going to be better.

Been playing around with US4.4 tonight, mainly with the form builder. Looking forward to more field types being added in future (Saw more are coming on the help page). For now I have to play in the DB directly (At my own risk I know Smile ). And playing around with adding additional fields that will auto populate but be hidden from the user (e.g Their username for tracking who a row item belongs too for display purposes.

Also been trying custom pages (Like a Frontend in the usersc folder) as previously just modified the original (I scolded myself for it already)

As someone teaching myself to code, I definitely find US a powerful tool
UserSpice was actually the project I used to teach myself php a few years ago...so I get the fun and the struggles with it.

The form builder was something I wrote on a long plane ride from Africa or something when I didn't have internet, so it was kind of a fun project. It will never be as versatile as coding by hand, but it definitely has its uses.

So regarding the other things like sticking more info in secretly, there are ways to do that.
So basically, you can create the other form fields that you want to create normally and then you go to the views thing and make a "view" of just the form fields that you actually want to show. The instead of displaying the form, you display the view.

So one of the things with doing hidden form fields is that the user can change them in the chrome inspector. They can't do that with the "logged in" info that you have when someone logs in. So I'll give you a quick example. Let's say that you want to store the username.

Add a field with the column name username
Don't show that column in the view
Display the view.
Then when you do the form processing do...

if(!empty($_POST)){
$response = preProcessForm();
if($response['form_valid'] == true){
$response['fields']['username']=$user->data()->username;
$response = postProcessForm();
}
}

This is pulling in the username from the database instead of anything that they can alter. In fact, you can refer to any item in the users table with $user->data()->columNameFromTheDatabase

Anyway, please don't hesitate to ask for help if anything doesn't make sense.