The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh userspice install
when i extract userspice i get these folders

if_install_fails
classes
core
users
index

in the install video i see more than that.Iam i missing something?
Ok. I'll try to walk you through this.

Yes...those are the files you should have. There may have been other files in the video because it was my test environment.

A few steps to troubleshoot...
1. The error stuff that astropos told you to add....I would also add it to the index.php file.
2. Are you running lamp or xampp? If you're running lamp, you might want to try reinstalling on Xampp.

I'm not a linux guy, but I run userspice on linux live servers all the time.
ok ill give it a shot, i did have usercake up and running. Iam gonna do a complete re-install after the redwings game..
reinstalled evrything, but same problem. I enabled error reporting but nothing shows up, no idea of what to do
heres my index.php

<pre>
Code:
<?php
/*
UserSpice 4.0beta
by Dan Hoover at http://UserSpice.com
*/
?>
<?php if (file_exists("core/index.php")) {
    header("Location: core/index.php");} ?>
<?php require_once("core/init.php"); ?>
<?php require_once("users/helpers/helpers.php"); ?>
<?php require_once("users/includes/header.php"); ?>

<?php require_once("users/includes/navigation.php"); ?>
<?php $db = DB::getInstance(); ?>

<div id="page-wrapper">

<div class="container-fluid">

<!-- Page Heading -->
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-lg-12">
                        <h1 class="page-header">
                            Welcome to UserSpice
                            <small>An Open Source PHP User Management Framework</small>
                        </h1>
                    </div>
                </div>
                <!-- /.row -->
<!-- Content goes here -->

<!-- Content Ends Here -->
<!-- footers -->
<?php require_once("users/includes/page_footer.php"); // the final html footer copyright row + the external js calls ?>

<!-- Place any per-page javascript here -->

<?php require_once("users/includes/html_footer.php"); // currently just the closing /body and /html ?>
</pre>
I can't even begin to guess what's going on. I guess I want to double check, what are you using to create your localhost? If it's LAMP, I would seriously consider XAMPP because UserSpice has been extensively tested on that.

If that isn't the issue, let me know and I'll create a ubuntu vm and install it on my machine and see what's up.
I'm downloading ubuntu now. It's going to be a while till I can get my vm setup, but I'll get back to you. I'm doing 15.4 to get in sync with you.
@rbfritz please tell us:

Did the install create the tables in your database ok?

Have you configured a virtual host on your 15.04 or are you installing to a subdir?

Can you access your httpd logs (tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log)?
Yes the database was created with no problem. Am new to using vps so I haven't installed anything, should I? I installed in the var/www/html. I will check that location for errors
Agree @mudmin, it's either going to be a misconfigured virtual host/subdir install or it'll be permissions.

UserSpice works best when it is installed in the root of your domain. This can be the localhost domain or your remote mygreatapp.com domain. Version 4.x now seperates out the innards to a subdirectory which leaves the root clear to start your project.

Ubuntu Server ships with an option to install the LAMP stack in it's entirety. If we're dealing with a desktop installation and individually installed LAMP components, there might be missing libraries or confogurations.

@rbfritz Server or desktop?