The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
install userspice in a sub-folder without errors
Thanks so much for sharing this.

Just to let you know, I do installs in subfolders all the time and those to URLs let me move installs from folder to folder without having to worry about what folder the install is in.

Unfortunately some servers make it relatively complicated to setup subdomains and depending on whether you use an A record or some type of "forwarding" with your domain registrar, it will have a big impact on how cleanly things work.

The "ideal" way to do this is to setup an A Record with your registrar that just says
xxx.yourdomain.com forwards to an ip.

The add the subdomain to your cpanel or whatever your hosting provider uses and tell it that xxx.yourdomain.com goes to /var/www/yoursite/public_html/whateverfolder

But that isn't always possible. Thanks so much for sharing your workaround. I'm sure it will be helpful to others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: install userspice in a sub-folder without errors - by mudmin - 11-10-2018, 11:36 AM