The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 26 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 26 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

× This forum is read only. As of July 23, 2019, the UserSpice forums have been closed. To receive support, please join our Discord by clicking here. Thank you!

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More modular
Hi Jon,

First off, thanks for your contributions and questions in the community so far. We truly do love responding to people and helping them advance their projects with your framework. Fortunately, a lot of what you are requesting is already available, but not heavily documented. I will go into some details here.

The reason for two directories is as follows:
users/ for core UserSpice files only
usersc/ © standing for custom, you can copy and files in the root of users/ directly to this file and the users/ file will never be produced, it will be redirected to the usersc/ version. The usersc/ version, if not in the pages table will be automatically inserted with matching permissions. We try, in EVERY circumstance to never deploy updates to usersc/ with the exception of NEW files for customization. 

To invoke data into the header, you can use one of two files in usersc/includes (I think) head_tags.php or bootstrap_corrections.php, both are called within the header and we do not generally post updates to.

The second line in the minimalist requirements is what invokes the UserSpice permission management. 
init.php is required to use ANY UserSpice Functionality.
securePage only controls access to the page, IF you want UserSpice to control this.

Some projects don't want UserSpice to handle their permissions so they would exempt securePage.

Multi-project Management is something Dan and I have talked out about individually and its a large problem that is hard to tackle but rewarding when done. This would be a huge undertaking and would be more in the likely for a UserSpice 5 release versus 4.4 (currently in development.)

I hope this answers your questions,
Brandin.

Messages In This Thread
More modular - by jtullett - 10-09-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: More modular - by Brandin - 10-10-2018, 05:31 PM
RE: More modular - by jtullett - 10-13-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: More modular - by Brandin - 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM