10/22/16 A roll up patch to bring you from any version 4.1.3 or later to 4.1.7b can be downloaded here. Everyone really should update. The b version fixes 2 minor bugs in 4.1.7.
10/22/16 UserSpice 4.1.7b Released! 4.1.6 is the version whose name is never to be spoken. Download the full 4.1.7b below
9/11/16 Talk about the future of UserSpice in the UserSpice 5 forum
8/28/16 - Check out the new video series Debugging With Dan where I show you how I fix my screw ups in UserSpice.
New Features in 4.0
- Completely Rewritten in OOP/PDO PHP
- Provides a Clean Working Directory
- New Flexible Classes
- Fully Documented and Supported
- New Theme System
- More Efficient Rendering
- Database Migration for Efficient Upgrades
- Flexible Mailing System
- Built In Profile System
- Many Features Can Be Toggled
- New nStall Easy Installer
New Features in 4.1
- Completely Streamlined (60% smaller than 4.0)
- Better Bootstrap Integration
- Cleaner UI
- More Descriptive Error Messages
- Better Path Handling
- Login with Username or Password
- WYSIWYG Profile Editor
- More Powerful Admin Dashboard
- New System for Modifying UserSpice Core
- New Timezone Features
- Many Security, Bug, and Usability Fixes
What is UserSpice?
UserSpice is a PHP User Management Framework. It is designed from the ground up to be the perfect starting point for any web development project that requires users to login. It handles the...
Database Connections and Sanitization
Tokens, Sessions, and Cookies
Page, Site, and Database Security
How is UserSpice Different?
What makes UserSpice different from almost any other PHP User Management Framework is that it has been designed from the beginning to get out of your way so you can spend your time working on your project. Other systems may force you to use their rewriting rules, template engines, frameworks, etc. UserSpice doesn't. You can use as much of it or as little as you choose. It just sits there and does its job.
In most cases, UserSpice can control access to your existing pages with a single line of code. From there, we provide an incredible set of PHP Classes and Functions that you can choose to use or not use. Don't like the look? It's built using Bootstrap. You can change the look and feel of your site in seconds with a new css file and some well-documented tweaks.
Most importantly, UserSpice is constantly in development. It's constantly getting better and more secure while maintaining the goal of getting out of the way. As additional major features are added, they will be in the form of plugins to keep things modular.
So you can get on with the business of designing your project. All while being Bootstrap compatible so you can easily change the look and feel of your project. The goal of UserSpice is to strike a balance of being feature-rich without being bloated.
Debugging with Dan
For UserCake Users
New Features in 2.5
- Fully Responsive Bootstrap Design
- Fully Backwards Compatible with UserCake
- Improved Upgrade Path to Version 3/4
- New reCAPTCHA 2 System
- Dynamic Design Options
New Features in 3.x
- Improved Password Encryption
- CSRF Mitigation
- Password Migration for Existing Users
- Improved Responsive Design
- Improved Form Security
- Many Sample Pages